Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager - Collections - Planning, Production & Analysis Business Intelligence
The responsibilities of this role include managing a small team of database administrators and web developers; architecting, developing, testing, and implementing database and web solutions in support of Collections, especially with respect to reporting, dashboarding, and advanced analytics; driving delivery through the Agile development methodology; and ensuring that all compliance and process needs are consistently maintained across the team and across epics and stories promoted to sprints. The successful candidate will be required to manage the team and directly contribute to delivery.
- Architect, develop, test, and implement database and web solutions in support of Collections, specifically around reporting, dashboarding, and advanced analytical needs
- Develop and implement ETL (Extract-Transfer-Load) jobs to enable ongoing automation and re-platforming of existing manual reports as well as automated solutions for new business needs and requirements
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, and the application of best practices across the organization
- Apply subject matter expertise around data feeds from multiple source systems, including FDR, Noble, CMS, Vision +, etc.
- Apply subject matter expertise around several data repositories, including CDW, RDW, CDCI, PDR (all Oracle), and the PP&A BI SQL Server
- Maintain and enhance Connectelligence (single Collections hierarchy) which supports much of the PP&A BI dashboard and report inventory
- Plan and manage Collectelligence (BI portal) upgrade to 3.0 and simultaneous changes and enhancements
- Establish alerts, controls, and contingency plans for ongoing production support
- Create, move, and track epics and stories in JIRA (development tool)
- Establish and maintain peer and technical relationships with managers across PP&A BI, Collections, and IT
- Work with PP&A BI business systems analysts to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Stay abreast of new technologies, industry trends, etc., and make recommendations for their application
- Manage resource assignments
- Enforce and manage the PP&A BI development process, not only including the use of JIRA, but documentation requirements, standards, consistency, etc.
- Identify cross-training opportunities across the organization in order to provide career growth as well as depth
- Contribute to business continuity planning
- Create and maintain on-call responsibilities
- Deliver performance appraisals and coaching of entire team
- Manage team activities daily
- Hire and onboard additional staff
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- May travel up to 5-10%
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle data warehouses
- 10+ years of experience with Microsoft Office
- 3+ years of prior management or technical lead experience; less experience can be offset by additional years (13+) of experience in the aforementioned technologies and skills
- 2+ years of Agile development experience
- 2+ years of experience with JIRA or other Agile project management applications
- Knowledge of R, Python, and Tableau
- Knowledge of Sharepoint
- Knowledge of the Synchrony application suite (FDR, Vision +, Noble, CMS, etc.)
- Prior Collections or financial services experience
- Experience preparing and presenting findings and recommendations to senior-level management; strong written and verbal communication skills overall
- Ability to take initiative and creatively address problems and issues without other management intervention
- Demonstrated organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Collections
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.