Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Segmentation and Client Contact Strategy Analyst (L11)
The AVP, Segmentation and Client Contact Strategy will be responsible to develop, deliver and manage collections strategies using traditional and alternative contact channels with ownership of the manual dialing channel. The role will develop new and improve existing customer focused strategies using advanced analytics and predictive modeling techniques across multiple large national retail portfolios. The AVP is a thought leader in the team, asking questions and proposing ideas to test new concepts. The AVP initiates and leads these projects, working closely with stakeholders throughout the process, from initial discussions to strategy execution and performance measurement within established rigor.
- Develop collections segmentations and contact strategies for a company with ~$80B in receivables and ~$4B in annual net charge-offs (NCO); role includes developing strategies for three businesses / platforms (e.g., Retail Card, Payment Solutions, Care Credit)
- Develop, test and rollout strategy changes for all workable inventory with ownership of manual channel (used for mobile phones without TCPA consent).
- Develop new segmentations using CHAID / CART and optimization techniques; includes pulling data, defining target variable, developing segmentations, optimization, completing in-time and out of time validations, completing required documentation and obtaining required approvals
- Partner with Strategy Delivery, Process teams and Operations to ensure strategies are working correctly. Requires assessing post-implementation execution and performance
- Develop manual performance reporting that reflects comparisons to forecast. Partner with the forecasting and capacity team on Op Plan assumptions and monthly variances to plan.
- Coordinate with Client Managers, Credit and Portfolio teams to ensure effective two-way communication of upstream changes and their downstream impact and provide an update on collection strategy initiatives and their performances.
- Co-lead or support cross functional project teams to address strategy and performance impacts
- Ensure strategy documentation is comprehensive, accurate and up to date (i.e., audit ready).
- Complete regular reviews of strategies with Compliance, Legal and Fair Lending to ensure strategies comply with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
- Complete competitive benchmarking to understand other credit card issuers’ policies and strategies for mainstream contact strategies and to identify opportunities.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and analyses as needed.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field with 3 + years of experience in advanced analytics; in lieu of degree, a minimum of 7 years’ experience in analytics
- 3+ years of experience using SAS and SQL
- Master’s or equivalent degree in a Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Finance, Science or Engineering
- Advanced skills in SAS, SQL, Data mining and E-Miner / similar decision tree software
- 7+ years’ experience in Advanced Analytics, Model Development / Validation, Credit / Risk Management or / Collection Strategy
- 7+ years' experience with strategy analytics, including leading champion vs. challenger testing from start to finish and developing CHAID segmentations
- Strong communications, problem solving skills & attention to detail
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Collections
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.