Rockwell Automation, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rockwell Automation, inc.
Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions
Software and Engineering
The CNC Technician is responsible for operating the CNC machine including setting up, adjusting, and operating machine tools for various types of machine shop equipment. This position works from complex technical assembly layout drawings to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions such as enclosures, back plates, etc. This individual is responsible for checking and inspecting machining operations against specified tolerances and may identify and repair minor machine malfunctions. This position is a 2nd shift role 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
- Setting up, adjusting, and operating machine tools for various types of machine shop equipment including jig saw, band saw, miter saw, drill press, banding tool, drills, overhead crane and hoists, etc.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to complex technical assembly layout drawing specifications.
- Performs adjustments and reworks as needed to meet functional design, quality and customer specifications.
- Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances. May need to identify and adjust or revise minor design issues.
- Performs quality control inspections and checks after parts are cut and shaped.
- Prepares and maintains records of machined parts which are distributed to projects and/or shipped. Uses databases and spreadsheets to track machined parts, deficiencies, inventory, and quality processes.
- Examines machine parts and distributes materials to the projects and/or inventory.
- Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Ensures compliance with company safety/security programs and policies, government health and safety regulations including participation in employee training in emergency response, lift safety, industrial hygiene, and chemical and fire hazards, conducting safety surveys and recommending corrective action where occupational hazards exist, responding to emergencies and investigating accidents and recommends corrective action and maintaining safe and clean housekeeping practices within assigned work areas.
- Communicates directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly as well as frequently interacting with peers and customers to exchange or present complex or technical information
- Responsible for the on-time completion and quality of cutting and shaping machine parts
- Proactively communicates the status of completion of machined parts to management and the team.
- Works with the engineers and operations team to provide input and execute continuous improvement tasks in the machining of parts, production, and material control processes to increase quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Utilizes technical skills to maximize efficiency and thorough completion of assignments
- Works with the team to understand and obtain input of the machined parts in order to maximize efficiency.
- Seeks and contributes to continuous improvement in cutting, shaping, machining parts, production, and material control processes to increase quality, efficiency and safety
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- High school diploma required plus a minimum of 2 plus years of experience in CNC machining which includes the cutting and shaping of metals to precision dimensions and using AutoCad for 2D drawings.
- Requires the ability to read and understand complex technical assembly layout drawings.
- Requires the ability to lift items up to 35 pounds, operate a forklift, overhead crane, and use hand and power tools
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Legal Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job opening.
- Must have been a contractor for Rockwell Automation for at least 90 days.
- IFS and SAP experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Twinsburg - Ohio