Peoples Bancorp Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Loan Specialist
at Peoples Bancorp Inc.
The home loan specialist (HLS) solicits residential mortgage and home equity loan business to meet defined production objectives. The HLS will develop and nurture an extensive network of mortgage loan referral sources including retail branch partners, realtors, builders and other center-of-influence professionals (CPA’s, Attorney, Financial Planners). The HLS will also be an active member of the community in which they live or work and will provide consumer education, product knowledge and support to promote homeownership within their community.
The HLS will understand all of the residential mortgage and home equity products the bank offers and will understand, and remain current, on the regulations (Regulation Z, Regulation B, home Mortgage Disclosure Act, RESPA etc.) governing the mortgage lending industry. As a trusted professional to the home loan applicant, they will provide exceptional customer service through all stages of the loan decision cycle from initial interview through application, loan processing and loan closing. They will provide individual attention to each applicant to understand their mortgage lending needs and provide recommendations accordingly. The HLS has the responsibility of gathering the borrower’s personal information (in-person, telephone, on-line, or e-mail) and inputting it into the bank’s loan origination system.
The HLS will further assist customers by identifying and understanding their needs for non-mortgage bank products. Relying on their established internal partner network and through the use of the banks sales referral system, the HLS will facilitate referrals to other lines of business.
- Meet established production, referral and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Meet with prospective borrowers to discuss lending options, review the borrowers financial and credit information and present mortgage loan products
- Enter all application information into the loan origination system uploading supporting documents as necessary
- Contact the applicant to collect all supporting documentation required for a complete loan package
- Actively communicate with prospective borrowers during the application process either in person, phone or electronically. Manage the loan pipeline, proactively keeping borrowers up to date on the status of their loan request
- Collaborate with the loan fulfillment team to ensure key process milestones are met, regulations are adhered to and the loan is processed efficiently
- Identify sales opportunities for our partners and make referrals through the sales referral system
- Contact all incoming mortgage referrals and keep sales referral system up to date
- Demonstrate initiative in developing a broad referral network of retail partners, realtors and other professionals/centers of influence. May involve cold-calling, prospecting.
- Participate in community activities/organizations that promote the bank and homeownership
- Assist other home loan specialists as necessary
Applicant must have strong sales ability, computer skill sets appropriate for the job, a background in mortgage lending, and the ability to obtain their NMLS license.
- Two-year college degree minimum, 4 year degree preferred
- Exceptional time management skills and proven ability to manage a dynamic pipeline
- Excellent communication skills, experience in public speaking preferred
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex personal financial information
- Good computer skills
1 year of residential mortgage lending or commensurate sales experience