Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Relations Coordinator
at Dental One
Purpose: The Patient Relations Coordinator’s (PRC) primary responsibility is to contribute to the financial success of the practice by ensuring that patients are the number one priority from the time they enter the practice until the time they leave. PRCs contribute to the practice’s financial success by creating and maintaining positive relationships with patients as well as by knowing and understanding the business aspects necessary to provide patients with the best experience possible.
- Follow the New Patient Experience in order to make a positive first impression with patients both by phone and in person
- Answer phones “with a smile” within the first 3 rings; communicate with patients in a courteous manner using recommended verbiage for maintained control of the schedule
- Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Handle and/or direct patient questions and complaints; know when to escalate and forward to the Office Leader.
- Coordinate patient scheduling and flow throughout the day by providing accurate route sheets and pulling files of scheduled patients; pull chart and print route slip for any same-day additions to the schedule; notify providers of changes to the schedule; notify clinical staff of arrivals and needs; schedule appointments in accordance with guidelines; follow and track appointments due to no-shows, cancellations and late arrivals; call scheduled patients to confirm appointments; monitor schedule to anticipate roadblocks and potential conflicts
- Make every effort to offer a new patient appointment on the same day as the call, or schedule a patient into an appointment within 3 days by using proper scheduling procedures and keeping control over the patient schedule
- Enter diagnosed treatment plans accurately to the practice software and ensure accuracy of case acceptance is documented by recording accepted and arranged treatment
- Present financial arrangements to patients, adhering to practice protocol
- Ensure all applicable checklists are completed and charts are maintained and filed daily.
- Calmly and effectively guide patients by phone through a dental emergency.
- Enter all patient information into the computer software system accurately, ensuring that we have the most updated information on file for each patient, including personal information and marketing referral sources
- Record all charges and payments to patient accounts; be able to complete and explain third party financing options to patients
- Understand and follow doctor’s treatment plans to schedule follow-up appointments.
- Follow payment policy by collecting payment from patient at time of service
- Assist patients in completing new patient health history forms; verify patient information is correctly entered into the system
- Contact insurance companies to verify coverage and fee schedule and complete insurance breakdown accurately and completely if patient appointment is scheduled within 24 hours of appointment time, including partnering with company vendors
- Maintain HIPAA compliance
- Follow required OSHA safety procedures
- Complete all Learning Management System requirements timely
- Actively ask existing patients to refer friends and family members to the practice
- Solicit feedback from patients regarding their experience by asking them to complete the patient survey
- Respond to patient appointment requests made via voicemail, the practice website and external vendors as quickly as possible
- Prepare and participate in daily huddles to ensure that each day flows smoothly
Non Essential Functions:
- Open practice for business according to company procedures
- Ensure that reception and front desk areas are clean and organized
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years experience working in a professional environment with direct customer contact desired.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; work well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism and professional image
- Strong organization and planning skills; detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new software
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Office Leader
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood borne pathogens
- Potential extended period long hours standing on feet
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DentalOne Partners’ management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.