Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dental One
Imagine building a career as a Dental Assistant where your entire focus is where it should be – on the patient. At DentalOne Partners, we provide the managerial, marketing and technical expertise so you can provide your patients with outstanding dental care. No wonder we’re one of the biggest and most respected names in dentistry. If you want to dedicate more of your time and talent to your patients, now is the time to build your dental career with DentalOne Partners. If you share our commitment to providing the best possible patient care, you can share in a future that is brighter than ever.
The Dental Assistant's (DA) primary responsibilities are to provide the patient with quality care and to provide the doctor with quality assistance on patient procedures. The DA has direct responsibility for patient's excellent experience and the patient retention while in the chair.
- Provide outstanding customer service for the patient; make the patient the #1 priority; excellent chair side manner.
- Assist the doctor with all dental procedures including but not limited to:
- take directions from doctor
- anticipate doctor's needs
- performing patient oral evaluations
- take, develop and mount accurate and high quality x-rays
- various laboratory duties including provisionals
- Practice Servant Leadership; lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain doctor's schedule and patient flow; create "no patient wait time"; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Review patient chart prior to doctor arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe doctor notes in patient chart
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow OSHA and company safety policies and procedures
- Promote and market the company's services, retail products and doctors to patients as well as educate patients and address their questions and/or concerns
- Partner with doctors, hygienists, Office Leaders and support staff to maintain excellent patient service and integrity within the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform job successfully
- Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient's chart.
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
- Complete checklists as assigned.
- Clean and prepare operatory per company procedures prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
- Assist staff in scheduling patients' follow up visits
- Follow up with labs to ensure quality and timely products
- Track incoming and outgoing lab cases with staff
- Assist Hygienist(s) when requested
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Current radiography certification required
- Dental Assistant certification as required by state; ability to become certified
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation preferred
- Current certification to monitor Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Analgesia preferred (if required by state practice act)
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professionalism in all aspects of job
- Good grooming and professional image
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and anticipation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Good manual dexterity
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs as required
- Work environment/Conditions:
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Office Leader
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood borne pathogens
- Potential long hours standing on feet