Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cardinal Health
What General Accounting contributes to Cardinal Health
General Accounting is responsible for maintaining the financial books and records and preparing financial statements in accordance with accounting standards.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
- CPA preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Accountabilities in this role
- Senior Accountant will be responsible for month-end close assignments, balance sheet, P&L and cash flow management, SOX compliance, balance sheet reconciliations and project based assignments.
- Act as a mentor and assist with development of staff.
- Focus on identifying, communicating and managing risks and opportunities within the organization.
- Role is highly visible to business leaders throughout the organization and requires communication with Senior Level