Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BlueLinx Corporation
- Regular Full-Time
- Job ID
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,500 people, BlueLinx offers thousands of products from suppliers all over the world to service over 10,000 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business through a vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
Position Purpose Summary:
Responsible for safely driving BlueLinx tractor trailer trucks to efficiently and accurate deliver products to customers. Responsible for safely operating all equipment related to driving, loading, unloading, and maintenance.
Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Responsible for delivery of freight and pick-up, as needed
- Ensure safe and timely loading and unloading products; secures loads; No Tarping
- Responsible for updating on-board computer, as required
- Maintains electronic logbook and complete trip reports
- Manage Proof of Delivery Paperwork from customers
- Conducts pre and post trip of tractor trailer road worthiness
- Provides outstanding customer service and processes and communicates customer issues
- Provides quality/ damage inspection of product at loading and unloading stages
- Maintain daily safety checklist and perform all required inspections
- Performs cleaning requirements for tractor and performs minor maintenance of equipment as required
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s license
- 12 months of recent tractor trailer driving experience, preferably flatbeds
- Minimum 22 years of age
- Safe Driving Record: Including no DUIs in last 7 years; no more than one preventable accident or one violation of motor vehicle laws within the year preceding application
- Physical ability to secure loads
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to read customer orders, safety regulations, and on-board computer
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work on a warehouse environment
- Willingness to learn to drive a forklift